Tuesday 24 June 2014

The Dashes on God's Watch

I’ve been thinking a lot lately. A lot is an understatement actually. I’ve been over thinking…

about the testaments of Jesus Christ – old and new. I’ve been getting caught up in scripture, and constantly wondering and questioning and texting my friends who know their stuff. The thought of God is imprinted on my brain, branded with His being. I’ve been thinking about my own life and how I sometimes find myself self-loathing in questions in who I am and what I need to do and how I don’t believe I have a purpose and thoughts, and thoughts, and more. But tonight I think something finally clicked.



There is a time for everything. There was a time when Adam & Eve got to walk in the Garden with the Lord. There was a time when they broke that relationship with God. There was a time of Jesus’ birth. There was a time for His sacrifice to re-build that relationship. There is a time for you. And there is a time for me.
God’s timing is perfect.

I believe that after Jesus died on the cross – this is the “test era”. God is constantly testing our faith with Him, preparing us for our place in Heaven. Asking for forgiveness, as every Christian knows, is crucial. But oh hard it is to get through life challenges – God’s true tests.

Psalms 139:13 says, “For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb”. This is a huge statement. God knew us before we came into this world. He planned for us to happen and timed us perfectly.

If what I think is correct – this is the “test era” – the awaiting trials of the return of Jesus, then God knowing this, knew we could handle this time.

This. Is. Huge.

God knew our time because our time was His timing.

No more self-loathing, no more judging or hate, none of this “I can’t”. Get up. You can get through this. You are created to get through this so stop acting like you weren’t J Let’s ace this test.

Will you fight for God as hard as He is fighting for you?

THOUGHTETHS? Shoot me a comment.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your are right, Haley. God's timing is perfect. In every way, in every situation.